Poinciana Place Town Homes Insurance Documents

Our Association is an HOA.  Our documents provide that the Association is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the exterior walls and roofs (plywood and above).  They also require the Association to maintain insurance to repair or replace our building structures.

In the event of damages or destruction to one or more of our homes due to a covered peril, the Association’s insurance policy should cover the repair or replacement of the walls and roof less the deductible for that building.  If all the units in a building were lost, the insurance would cover the reconstruction of the building less the deductible.  If only one unit was destroyed, the insurance would cover the reconstruction cost of the unit in excess of the deductible for the entire building.  This means that the Association may have to bear the entire cost or most of the cost of the repair to a single unit.

The Association’s insurance would not cover the cost of reconstructing kitchens and bathrooms.  Nor would replacing lighting fixtures, HVAC systems, hot water tanks, garage door operators, washers and dryers, kitchen appliances, and other items within the walls of your unit be included.  All your personal property would also not be covered along with the cost for you to live elsewhere while your unit was rebuilt.  To be sure that you are insured for these costs, you should carry a Homeowner’s Insurance Policy using a form HO6.  With adequate coverage amounts, the annual cost of such a policy will probably be within the range of $3,200 to $3,600.

Because we are an HOA, some carriers want to write the coverage on the more expensive HO3 form.  If your agent cannot provide you with adequate coverage at a reasonable price, you might want to contact Alice Rulau at Plastridge Insurance Agency (561-819-1529) to see what they can do for you.

Links to view or download our Association's insurance policies appear below:

General Liability

Umbrella Liability

Property Insurance Policy

Workers Compensation

Wind Mitigation Assessments

Should you require evidence of insurance specific to your lender, including a loss payee clause as holder and loan number with specific address information, either you or your lender may send your request either by e-mail to proofofinsurance@plastridge.com or by fax to (561) 819-1660. The easiest way is to just send a copy of the inquiry letter you received from your lender as that typically contains all pertinent information necessary to complete the proof for your lender. Be sure to include your contact information in case the agency needs to contact you for additional information.